Sunday, September 22, 2019

Garden of the Heart




My heart is filled with seeds
Seeds of love, joy and peace
Seeds of anger, fear and despair

Which do I water?
Which do I feed?  

My heart flows with energy
The light of attention brings growth and strength 
The darkness of inattention weakens and kills

What do I water?  
What do I feed?   

I open my heart to all.
I see the longing 
The longing for goodness
For justice
For peace

I speak hope
I speak joy 
I speak life


All of our hearts are filled with seeds
Which do we water?
Which do we feed? 
Our neighbors' hearts are filled with seeds
(and everyone is our neighbor)
What do we water?  
What do we feed?
What do we give?  

Can you notice?  
Meet anger with kindness
Hatred with love?
Knowing the seeds of peace reside in every heart 
Waiting to be seen, watered and fed?
  
No simple task
No simple task, this gardening of the heart
Understand.
This is real
This is very real
Your kindness
Your love
Your compassion
Your smiles
Change the world
One seed at a time
One heart at a time

If you're smiling right now
You are watering some good seeds
If you're smiling through heartache and pain
Even more so
Bless you, bless you, bless you

May all beings be filled with loving kindness
May all beings be free from suffering
May all beings be well
May all beings be at peace
May all beings be joyful




I've lost the source information for my images.  Many of them have been found at: https://www.enchgallery.com/fractals/fractal%20gallery%201.htm
My apologies to the creators of this amazing art.  

No comments:

Post a Comment