Friday, April 1, 2011

Love Never Punishes

Fear rests so easily within me
Anxiety and worry cozy up to my belly
Jaw clenched, throat tight . . .
Neck and shoulders ache

What do I fear?
Is it merely habit?
This usually subconscious thought, 
That I’m not good enough  
That I’ll never measure up . . .?

Good enough for who?
Measure up to what?

Do I believe in Love?
There is no fear in Love,
Fear has to do with punishment.
The one who fears is not made perfect in love.

Do I believe in Love?
Love is patient and kind
It keeps no record of wrongs
Love never fails
It never quits
Never

What do I fear?
I am the source of my own punishment:
My own lack of love

Nothing can separate me
From the One who is Love
The separation I feel is an illusion
Created by my desire to control:
My desire to hide my humanity
(as if I'm expected to be the one perfect human?)

Insanity!

I erect veils to obscure the view of my very human self
Obscuring, instead, my view of Love
Love can hold me, yet I not feel it
Love can comfort, and I not receive

Love does not punish me.
I punish myself.

Silly, precious child
You are safe
As you are
Always

Love will never fail you
Never





“There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love.”

Love is patient, love is kind . . . It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love always protects, always trusts, always hopes, and always perseveres. Love never fails.


http://www.enchgallery.com

bottom picture borrowed from Gregg Bradenwww.greggbraden.com

No comments:

Post a Comment