Saturday, March 5, 2011

Post Post HD Reveal

It's a bittersweet thing.
Mostly sweet, of course, for me . . .
A part of me was romanticizing myself as a Huntington's sufferer.  
I'd already decided that I'd wear lots of of fun hats and do things to educate others about my condition.
Clearly, I can still educate others, but it won't be the same as if they were looking at the disease in me.


I'm free of the fear for myself or our children, but I won't be free of the disease, since people I love are, or will be, living with it.
(I started trying to imagine how I would've felt if the results were different, but didn't really know, and didn't see any point in the exercise.)


One thing I'm grateful for, is that I'll be able to help more as the disease progresses in my loved ones (and we're hoping that there are no more to have it, besides what's already known.)


So, the light shines through for me.  No guarantees of anything, but a knowledge that this one particular thing won't be in the picture.  


Life is such a strange thing, isn't it?  




http://www.fractal-recursions.com

No comments:

Post a Comment